Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Creamy Crunchy Chicken Bundles

I pinned this recipe for Chicken Crescent Bundles over at What's Cooking Love? nearly a year ago! Well I finally made them and they were awesome. I reduced the amount of chicken, added frozen corn, increased the cream cheese slightly and decreased the bread crumbs. I have posted a couple of times now about the trouble I've been having with my oven. Well this is what I was making when I finally gave up on my oven entirely and have decided to quit using it. The baking times mentioned will be from the original recipe since my oven went off three times while baking this. At least it was yummy enough to make up for the frustration!
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp butter, softened
1 1/2 cups cooked cubed chicken
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 Tbsp dried chives
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp milk
1 8 oz can crescent roll dough
1 Tbsp butter, melted
seasoned bread crumbs, about one Tbsp per bundle (I used roasted garlic panko)

In medium bowl mix together the softened cream cheese and the softened butter.
Stir in the chicken, corn, chives, garlic powder, salt, pepper and milk until well combined. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, 325 for RV ovens. Separate the crescent rolls into four rectangles, pressing perforations firmly to seal. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle.
Bring the corners of each rectangle together, twisting them together over the chicken mixture, pinching edges to seal. Brush each of the bundles with some of the melted butter and sprinkle with desired amount of seasoned bread crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I am thinking about trying this, except, instead of using chicken (which you know I would love but, George doesn't) using either ground beef or ground sausage.

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback