Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Grilled Pizza

I have been looking at grilled pizzas for a while, and with the oven on the fritz and temps in the upper 90s and low 100s, this seemed the time to give it a try. I really liked the way these turned out. Nice and crispy crust, topped however you like!
olive oil, mixed with a dash of garlic powder
3 thin six inch pizza crusts
pizza sauce
whatever toppings you like (just make sure to precook all meat)
we used:
     shaved parmesan
     pepperoni
     breakfast sausage cooked with about one Tbsp chopped cilantro
     shredded mozzarella cheese

Assemble all toppings together on cookie sheet to make them easy to carry outside.
Heat grill. Brush one side of each pizza crust with olive oil. Place oil side down on grill and cook for two to three minutes or until crust reaches desired brownness. *Remove from grill. Brush ungrilled side with olive oil. Turn over to side that has been grilled and top however you like.

Return to grill, close lik and cook for an additional two to three minutes until cheese is melted and bottom is brown and crispy. Remove from grill.
Serve and enjoy!

*Another method would be to not remove pizza crust from grill but go ahead and brush top side with oil and flip over. Add your toppings right there on the grill. You will need to do this quickly so that the crust does not burn. Once topped, close lid and cook until cheese is melted. Remove from grill, serve and enjoy!

Shared with:

All My Bloggy Friends


Thursday Favorite Things

6 comments:

  1. I've always been too intimidated to try pizza on the grill. Completely agree that the oven is out of the question when it's so hot though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for some reason they had me intimidated as well. It turns out they are sooo easy, peasy

      Delete
  2. Looks scrumptious and I can't wait to try a pizza on the grill! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. My next grilled pizza will be chicken Alfredo!

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to try grilled pizza but I was always afaid of it falling through the grates or something! I totally need to try it! Thanks for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends, Terry - I can't wait to see what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if I'll make it by in time to link up this week. It's been one of those weeks and our Internet has been down more often than not. Hope I can!

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback