Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chili Tortilla Soup

I have made this recipe a couple of times already this winter and was surprised that I had not posted it yet. It came about by accident. I was walking through Big Lots and saw the mix for tortilla soup and bought it. I didn't have a set plan as to when I would make it. A week or two later I was looking through the cabinet for something to make, pulled this out and made it according to what I had on hand that came close to what the directions called for.  We really enjoy this and it is super yummy!!

1 cup diced potato
8 cups water
8.8 oz bear creek tortilla soup mix
15 oz can chili
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded cheese
1 large avocado, sliced (optional)
tortilla chips or crackers (optional)

Bring potato and water to a boil.

Whisk in soup mix. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
In medium bowl mix together chili, cheese and cream. Stir into soup mix and heat through. Top individual servings with additional cheese and avocado slices if desired. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or fresh warm bread.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback