Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

I pinned this recipe about a year ago. However, when I tried going to the blog to make it, I was blocked. The pin did include the ingredients, so I used these (mostly) and did my own take on this recipe for Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken and Rice Casserole from Life with the Crust Off. Here is what I came up with:

2 cups cooked brown rice
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
4 oz can of green chilies
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
splash of milk, about 2 Tbsp
french fried onions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, 375 for convection and RV ovens. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Spread cooked rice in bottom of dish. Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. In medium bowl mix together chicken, soup, yogurt, chilies, one cup of cheese and milk.
Pour over the rice. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with more cheese then with the french fried onions. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback