Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekend Dining



Saturday is our regular night to eat out and since we will be leaving the area soon we headed over to what has become our favorite Mexican food restaurant: Con Queso's. The food is always great and the service friendly. I had the fish tacos and John had a chimichanga. On this particular occasion there was a gentleman there that I took to be the owner. I mentioned how amazing I thought the Chipotle Maple Sauce was that they put on the fish tacos. I also commented that I was going to try to recreate it - so he told me how to make it - sugar cane and chipotle - simple. He said that's how he believes cooking should be - simple - my philosophy as well! Good food doesn't have to be complicated. He also told me the secret seasoning for the fish - salt and pepper. Simple!

Sunday afternoon we had some friends show up and invite us to a favorite place of theirs to watch the cowboys game and have dinner - Brick House. We started with an appetizer - freshly made potato chips sprinkled with bleu cheese and served with queso. I am not a fan of bleu cheese but this stuff was yummy!

For the entree John had a burger, our friends  one had steak & shrooms, the other chicken fried steak which was served with sausage gravy - all looked really good! I had the beer battered fish & chips, very good.
For dessert I had an apple crisp with a scoop of ice cream - yummiest non-chocolate dessert ever!

Despite the outcome of the game everyone had a good time. We will genuinely miss these two, they are great friends who are just fun to be around. Definitely have to stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback