Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chocolate Trifle


I don't remember how I found this recipe, but I am so glad I did! Rich, yummy, chocolate goodness and easy to make! I do know where I found this recipe for Chocolate Trifle - at the Queen of Savings. An easy dessert for company, it would be WAY too much for just John and I. So I waited till his parents were down this past weekend and made this for dessert Saturday night - HUGE hit!

19.8 oz pkg brownie mix
3.9 oz pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup water
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
12 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Prepare brownie mix according to directions on package, cool completely and cut into bite-sized squares.
In large bowl combine the pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk, till smooth. Fold in 8 ounces of whipped topping until well combined - there should be no streaks.
In a trifle bowl layer half the brownie bites, half the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce whipped topping; repeat layers. The Queen recommended refrigerating for eight hours before serving, we skipped this step and did not miss it; so refrigerate if you have the time and fridge space to do so;
otherwise serve and enjoy.

Shared with:
Freedom Fridays

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! The magic word for me is brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a trifle rut. I always make the same kind over and over. Your chocolate version sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this last night. it was on a cooking channel on our Roku! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my hubby's favs and it's sooo easy to make!

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback