Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Saucy Ground Beef and Noodles

This is one of those recipes that I would rate as just okay but the hubby seemed to really enjoy it. I found it HERE. If I make it again I think I will add more seasoning to jazz it up a bit and not put in the bell pepper, maybe zucchini. It was very easy to make and was like an Italian soup or stew.
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 1/2 cups extra broad egg noodles, yolk free
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
1/2 of a 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 of a 4.5 oz jar sliced mushrooms
shredded mozzarella cheese, optional

In medium saucepan cook ground beef, onion and pepper till ground beef is done, about eight to ten minutes.  Drain if necessary.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally  Reduce heat and simmer till noodles are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Serve topped with cheese and enjoy!

John had to step outside for a minute while I was cooking. This is where Midnight sat until he came back in.

1 comment:

Love to See Your Feedback