Friday, December 28, 2012

Jalapeno Bites

I pinned these yummy looking bites a while back. The original recipe can be found at Dishing With Leslie. I followed her recipe almost to the letter. These were very yummy, although I thought they were a little salty tasting so next time I plan to reduce or leave out the salt. My husband and youngest sis, who both tend to be salt sensitive, didn't feel they were salty tasting, so my taste buds may have been off. I will definitely make these again. We love jalapeno poppers and these were so easy to make!

8 oz block cream cheese, softened
7 oz shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped jalapeno, I used two large jalapenos
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1+ cup panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, 325 for most RV ovens. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
In medium sized mixing bowl combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, jalapeno, egg and salt. Form into small balls, I used about one tablespoon of mix for each bite. Roll balls in panko crumbs, adding more crumbs as needed.
Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
Serve and enjoy! This made 23 bites.

Shared with:


2 comments:

  1. I like that these are baked instead of the usual frying. Panko rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me a great idea to use this technique for a seafood jalapeno popper recipe I have. Instead of stuffing the jalapeno halves (a real pain) I'm going to mix in some jalapeno and make balls rolled in panko and baking them. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback