Sunday, January 6, 2013

Creole Beer Rice

I found this great recipe for Creole Beer Rice over at Cajun Delights several months ago and pinned it. I finally decided to try it for our group here in the park last week. If you like Cajun/Creole food you should really check out this blog! This recipe was very tasty and I will be making it again.

2 cups uncooked rice
2 Tbsp butter
3 cups water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
12 oz beer
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cajun seasoning

In saucepan melt butter and add rice. Cook rice, stirring frequently until lightly browned. Meanwhile dissolve the bouillon cubes in the water, I used the microwave for this. Once the rice is browned add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

Shared with:

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting life you have! I found your site from My Turn for us. I am now following you. I look foward to seeing your creative take on life and recipes!
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I marked this rice to try a while back. Thanks for reminding me. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback