Thursday, February 14, 2013

Best Ever Cheese Dip

This was just going to be a quick easy side for some beef enchiladas. (Yes, we have appetizers as side dishes around here.) It is now my go to recipe for cheese dip. The cream cheese was a last minute idea, I saw it in the fridge and thought I had better use it up before it spoiled. (I really hate wasting food!) This is what made this dip stand out. Extra creamy, extra yummy goodness!

2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp chopped red onion
1 small serrano pepper chopped
1 lb processed cheese, like velveeta, cubed
8 oz whipped cream cheese
1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
tortilla chips

In large saucepan melt butter.
Add the onion and serrano pepper. Saute until onion is tender.
Add the cheeses and the salsa. Continue cooking over med-lo heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is completely melted.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I think I could eat this as a meal by itself! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do occasionally but with ground beef added and up until now without the cream cheese.

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback