Saturday, March 17, 2012

Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Red Potatoes

Today I'm working on giving the RV a good cleaning, not that it takes very long. Still, I decided on something less hands on for dinner. I have made something similar to this without the potatoes, onion and garlic. That was my original plan for today with a side of red potatoes, either mashed or roasted. At the last minute I decided to throw the potatoes into the slow cooker as well. This is also good with chicken and you can use any creamy soup - celery, mushroom. Add vegetables of your choice and you have a nice one pot meal.

5 red potatoes, about 1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs, quartered
1 thick onion slice, cut in half
1 clove garlic, minced
2 pork chops
1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
salt
black pepper
red pepper

Spray two quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Place potatoes in bottom of cooker, scatter onion on potatoes, then sprinkle with minced garlic. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and red pepper. Season pork chops with additional red pepper and place on top of potatoes.
Pour cream of chicken soup over the top. I actually used 1 1/2 cans, I had 1/2 a can left over from my Smoky Chicken and Cheesy Potato Casserole and decided to use it up. Since I did not plan very well this morning, I cooked mine on high for about four hours. If you manage to get an earlier start, cook on low for six to eight hours.
Serve and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Great way to use that leftover 1/2 a can. Anything with potatoes is all right in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry. It would be great if you linked this in to Food on Friday which is collecting slow cooker/crockpot recipes this week. Have a good week.

    Ps I haven't seen you in my blog list. Do you follow via GFC or some other way?

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback