Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cilantro Lime Slaw

I made half this recipe for Cilantro Lime Slaw from Our Southern Table. I will make half this recipe again in a couple of days with half of her recipe for Fish Tacos. One thing I did not do half of, and am glad I didn't, was the jalapenos. For one the jalapenos I had bought were quite large and I had only bought two of them. If I used two, I wouldn't have enough to make it a second time without going back to the store. Well, one turned out to be plenty! I served this with Beef, Bean and Cheese Taquitos. I used serrano in the taquitos instead of jalapeno. Serrano peppers usually have much more heat to them. Not this time, that was one HOT jalapeno! Wow, I couldn't believe it!

2 cups angel hair slaw mix
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped jalapeno (1 very large jalapeno)
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin

Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, two would be better.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback