Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Amish Salad

I made this to take to my mom's at Thanksgiving. Not a hit with the picky eaters but everyone else really enjoyed it and I loved it! I have not found a specific site to credit this recipe to. It seems to be posted all over the web so here is my version:

1 head broccoli, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 cup miracle whip
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheese

In a large bowl combine broccoli and cauliflower, set aside.
In a medium bowl combine miracle whip, sour cream and salt. Stir sour cream mix into broccoli mix until vegetables are well coated.
Stir in bacon and cheese, reserving a small amount of each for topping. Seal tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with reserved bacon and cheese just before serving.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback