Monday, January 20, 2014

Menu Plan 01.20.14

Well, life happened like mad this week! This is mostly a good thing but when life happens like this all planning goes out the window. So a LOT of last weeks menu plan didn't happen. Here is what did happen: I worked my usual 11pm to 7am shift Monday night, I was off Tuesday so planned to do my grocery shopping then. Well after getting to bed around 8am Tuesday morning, I receive a text around 10:30am asking if I can come in at 3pm to cover, the regular girl is ill. Well this is a girl that will bend over backwards to help you out when you need it. As a matter of fact when I was sick last month she worked a double shift to cover for me. So of course I said yes but could not go back to sleep - needed to do laundry so I would have a clean uniform. Lunch was eaten out at Prima Pasta since I hadn't planned on anything for lunch and couldn't do what I had planned for dinner since I hadn't been to the store yet. Then the same day John was called to go down to Pearsall (south of San Antonio) because of issues at a gate. He left right about the same time I left for work. The beef and bean casserole didn't happen! I worked my usual 3pm to 11pm Wednesday but I still hadn't made it to the store so lunch was sloppy joes and chips, nothing that I had planned but what I had on hand. John made it home late Wednesday, so he was home by the time I got off work, yippee!! Thursday morning I finally make it to the store. I normally work 3pm to 11pm on Thursdays but was off since I had worked Tuesday. This worked out great despite the initial sleep deprivation because this gave me Thursday and Friday off together as well as most of Saturday since I didn't go in untill 11pm. Well I spent longer than expected at the store and we had someplace to be at 1pm so cooking lunch at home didn't happen - Skillet's to the rescue. Thursday night dinner was the oven fried chicken tenders over salad, so this one finally happened after two weeks on the plan. John had to go to west Texas Friday and since I was off I went with him. We left around 7:30am and arrived home around 10:30pm so the sandwiches planned for lunch today didn't happen. Date night did happen though. On our way home we stopped in San Angelo at the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It was a wonderful day together and the first full day we have spent alone together in a LONG time! Saturday went as planned. Sunday I don't know what I was thinking when I made the plan but I don't cook lunch on Sunday when I work overnight on both Saturday and Sunday! I did cook dinner but not the steaks, I moved the Bacon Guac Sandwiches to here. That has been my week! How was your week? For now this is the plan for this week, but I'm not going to say anything about sticking to it this time because as the above shows life happens unexpectedly and fast.

Monday
Venison Sausage Links with Veggies

Tuesday
General Tso's Chicken with Egg Rolls

Wednesday
Hamburgers with Onion Rings (L)

Thursday
Black Bean and Chicken Pizza (L)

Friday
Venison Steaks with Scalloped Potatoes (L)
Dinner Out - Date Night

Saturday
Lasagna* with Salad and Garlic Bread (L)
Dinner will be YOYO

Sunday
Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Chips

*New Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback