Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sweet Bacon Wrapped Venison Tenderloin

I have made this twice now and it is soooo yummy!! I have two more tenderloins in the freezer and can't wait to make this again. I found this recipe at Food.com. It is simple and delish but does require planning ahead since you marinate the tenderloin overnight. The original recipe adds white sugar on the outside of the bacon to make a sweet "crust". I have not tried this, I like it perfectly well without the add sugar. Here is what I did:

2 venison tenderloins, about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs each
2 cups low sodium soy sauce (the original says not to use the low sodium, but what can I say, I'm a rebel)
3 cups brown sugar (I have used both light and dark, have no pref)
7-10 slices thin cut bacon (I again went with low sodium)

In large ziploc bag mix the soy sauce and brown sugar.
Add the tenderloin, turning to coat completely. Let marinate in fridge a minimum of three hours, overnight is best. I've done both and there is a difference. Remove tenderloins from marinate and set marinate aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Wrap tenderloins with bacon. Place on broiler pan. Douse with the marinate. Bake on center rack of oven for 40 to 50 minutes for med well, basting with the marinate about every 10 to 15 minutes. Let sit for five minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

Shared with:

 Ms. enPlace

4 comments:

  1. I like cooking venison with bacon since it is so lean and can dry out easily. I've never thought to add brown sugar. The salty from the soy and sweet from the sugar sounds really good together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with the low sodium the salty/sweet combo is always good!

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback