Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nutella Banana Smoothie

It is time once again for the Crazy Cooking Challenge hosted by Tina at Mom's Crazy Cooking. This month's challenge is fruit smoothies. I actually had a little trouble finding a smoothie I wanted to make, that is until I came across this blog, Free Fruit Smoothie Recipes. This is a blog with nothing but smoothie recipes. Any type of smoothie you could want is on this blog! If you are wanting a good smoothie, but don't know where to start I would recommend checking out this blog!!
Photobucket
I modified this recipe slightly, to serve one instead of two and to suit our tastes a bit. This is the original version: The Great Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipe. I used:

1 cup small ice cubes
1 large banana
3/4 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1 Tbsp nutella

Place ice in bottom of a single serve blender.
Adjust ice according to how you like your smoothie - less ice for more of a juice drink, more ice for more of a milkshake. (I actually did not know this before reading this blog.)
Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!


15 comments:

  1. Nutella, in a smoothie? Yes I think so! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat Nutella right out of the jar, so naturally I will try this recipe! Your job sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO eat Nutella out of the jar, lol. Our job is interesting but at times it can also be tiring!

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic idea to add Nutella--so delicious!

    I'm CCC #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. My twins LOVE nutella. I have vowed to make smoothies once a day all summer long, breakfast or a dinner substitute on hot summer days and I can't wait to try ALL of the Crazy Cooking Challenge recipes from this month. Thanks so much for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with Nutella & bananas, sounds wonderful.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: Mango Melon Banana & Chia Smoothie.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nutella and banana is a great combination! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't go wrong with Nutella! This smoothie looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terry,
    What a great smoothie! Nutella and banana is such a delish combo. Can't wait to make this!
    #22.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Nutella. I eat it from the jar too. Who doesn't? This recipe is a keeper!

    Jen #59

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this recipe looks fantastic, i cant wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ready for warmer weather so we can have more of these!

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback