I pinned these Rolo Pretzel Bites months ago over at Glorious Treats. My husband is not a fan of pecans, so I made half with pecans and half with cashews. Also, I the store I was at did not have a bag of just Rolo candies, I had to get a mixture with mini Reeses and Kisses. So although these were not quite like Turtle candies, they were still yummy and easy to make, the hardest part was unwrapping all those little candies!
mixture of mini rolos, reeses pb cups and kisses
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. On baking pan spread mini pretzels out in a single layer.
Now the first award I received was the Liebster Award. I was nominated for this award by Jamie at Love Bakes Good Cakes. Thank you Jamie, so sorry it took me soooo long to accept and pass on this award. If you are not familiar with her blog, you should seriously check it out, she has some AMAZING recipes - not just cakes either!
Now the rules are that I post 11 random things about me, answer 11 questions from Jamie, nominate 11 blogs asking them 11 new questions.
11 random things about me
1. I am severely ADD, I can't even finish my cup of coffee in the morning without getting distracted by something and then having to reheat the coffee.
2. My natural hair color is brown, not the red it has been for years now.
3. I used to HATE flip flops, now that's all I wear!
4. John is my third (and final) husband, we have been married 8 years now.
5. I have 3 kids, all grown, two girls and one boy.
6. I have 2 grandbabies, one girl and one boy.
7. I live in an RV and love it!
8. I began this blog because I took over my husbands blog for a while and realized the only thing I was really interested in writing about was food, so I decided to start a food blog.
9. Moved a lot when I was a kid, but with the exception of a year and a half in Colorado grew up mostly in the Bastrop - Austin area of Texas.
10.Was known as a monkey growing up, loved to climb trees.
11.My longest lasting career, other than mom, was 12 years as a Juvenile Corrections Officer.
Jamie's 11 questions
1. Who inspires you the most? My husband - he is my inspiration in all that I do, he inspires me to just be me, to take chances and to enjoy life!
2. If you could have dinner with any famous person, past or present, who would you have dinner with? Billy Graham, I think it would be awesome to have a conversation with him over dinner and learn from him first hand.
3. How do you order your steak? Well, I don't order steak very often, I'd rather have seafood or a burger but when I do it's medium rare.
4. What is the one food item that you always have on hand? Serrano peppers, we use these a lot!
5. Do you have a lot of kitchen gadgets and which is your favorite? No, I don't have a lot of gadgets due to the limited space in my kitchen but my fav would be my garlic press.
6. What one dish are you intimidated to make? Baked Alaska, seems like it could go very wrong very easily!
7. Butter - salted or unsalted? Salted.
8. What is your fav kitchen tip or time saver? Tip for silk-free corn from Finding Joy in My Kitchen. Microwave corn, in husks, for four minutes per ear; cut off ends; pick corn up by the top of the husk and give it a few shakes; corn will slide out silk free!
9. Do you call it soda, pop, coke or something else? Soda, very unusual for people from Texas, most call it coke, and I don't know where I picked this up but yep, it's soda or occasionally soda pop.
10. Do you have a regional dish where you live and what is it? In general I would say Tex-Mex but a specific dish I would have to say Fajitas, some consider this a Mexican dish but it is actually Tex-Mex; as well as Nachos and Chili Con Queso.
11. What do you consider your signature dish? That's a tough one, if you were to ask the hubby I believe he would say my Seafood Enchiladas. As far as what I would be expected to bring to a family gathering - my family still doesn't believe I can cook, to them I'm still the one who could barely boil water when I left home, so no expectations there which leaves me free to bring whatever I want. John's family I would say it would be my Hushpuppies, which I have not made in a VERY long time.
11 blogs I'm nominating, in no particular order
11 questions for them to answer (this was the hard part for me, coming up with 11 questions)
1. How did your blog begin?
2. How important do you think pictures are on your blog or blogs you follow?
3. Savory or sweet?
4. What is your favorite holiday dish?
5. Are you an avid reader, and if so what types of books do you enjoy?
6. What is your favorite type of food?
7. When you go out to eat and get a dish you REALLY like, do you try to recreate it at home or use it as an excuse to revisit that restaurant over and over again?
8. What type of music do you listen to most often?
9. Does music motivate you?
10. Are you into crafts, if so what?
11. How many pets do you have, if any, and what type?
This next award actually looks like two. It is the One Very Lovely Blog and Inspiring Blogger Award. A big thanks to Evelyn at My Turn (for us) for nominating me for this award. Her blog is very eclectic with recipes, crafts and stories of life in general, I always enjoy stopping by to see what she has shared and highly recommend you check out her blog!
The rules for this award - thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post; share 7 things about yourself (I will try not to repeat myself here); nominate 15 blogs for this award and comment on their blog to let them know. So here goes.
7 things about me
1. I have been blogging less than a year.
2. I tend to think myself rather plain and boring but those who know me best tend to disagree with me on that.
3. I prefer writing to communicate rather than talking.
4. I graduated in the top 10% of my high school class but did not continue on to college.
5. I drink decaf coffee and like it.
6. My first job that I was actually paid for was clearing brush and loading wood for the neighbor of a friend who was clearing their lot to build a house, I was 12 or 13.
7. I believe life is to be lived and enjoyed to the fullest!
15 blogs I'm nominating, in no particular order
That gets me all caught up for now! Don't have any new posts planned right now. Cooking up old favs this week. Maybe my creative juices will get flowing next week and I'll have some new recipes to post or exciting news to share!