Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Salted Chocolate Pecan Pie

I have pinned a few chocolate pecan pie recipes but this one caught my eye because of the salt. I love salty sweet combos and this is no exception! I found this at Kraft Recipes - Salted Chocolate Pecan Pie - sooo yummy!

1 pie crust for deep dish 9" pie
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pecan halves
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
whipped cream, optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Press pie crust into 9" deep dish pie plate. Whisk together eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in the pecans and pour into crust. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is puffed and lightly browned. Cool completely, sprinkling with the salt after 15 minutes.
Serve topped with whipped cream and enjoy!

Shared with:
 Ms. enPlace

Thursday favorite things

6 comments:

  1. Terry, salt and chocolate are so great together - and chili goes well with it too! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of just about any sweet salty mix.

      Delete
  2. With this salted chocolate craze going you'd think I would have tried it by now. But no. I'm always behind! Since pecan pie is probably my favorite dessert, this may be a good place to start.
    Thanks for linking, Terry. Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback