Thursday, July 3, 2014

Spicy Sweet-n-Sour Meatballs

It has been a few months since I made these, so I had to really rack my brain to 1) find the original recipe and 2) remember what ingredients I had subbed. I sometimes put this info on my phone, but nothing there. Anyway, I found the original recipe at Kraft Recipe Makers and looking over the original, as well as looking at the pics I took, has helped me remember the changes I made. So here is what I came up with:

1 box Kraft Recipe Makers for Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 cup finely chopped carrots
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1.5 lbs spicy venison sausage
2 pkg raman noodles, without the seasoning (rice noodles would be better but couldn't get at my store)
2 cups snow peas

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, 350 for rvs or convection.
Mix half each of the simmer sauce, carrots and green onions with the sausage.
Shape into 18 one-inch balls. Place in 13x9 in baking dish. Pour finishing sauce over the meatballs.
Bake 25 or till done. Cook noodles as directed on pkg. In skillet cook remaining half of simmer sauce, carrots and green onion along with the snow peas over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until snow peas are crisp tender. Serve the meatballs over the noodles, then top with the sauteed vegetables. Enjoy!

Shared with:

 Ms. enPlace

2 comments:

  1. I love green onion--one of my favorite ingredients.
    Have never added carrots to meatballs, but I like that idea. It's a good way to get extra veg into my boy. This is a good busy weeknight recipe, Terry. Goodness knows I'm always needing that! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put carrots in many recipes that don't usually call for it, as a sub for veggies I don't like.

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback