Sunday, September 14, 2014

Abilene State Park and a Trip to the Groomer

A few weekends ago the hubby and I took the RV out and headed for the Abilene State Park. It's a beautiful park and we had a great weekend but this park would not make my top 5 fav list of parks to visit in Texas. I believe the biggest drawback is the staff there were not friendly at all, not something I've seen at other state parks here in Texas.The the spaces intended for large RVs, 25 to 40 ft, were a tight fit. If you have an RV over 30 ft you will not be able to park the RV and have enough room for your truck or other vehicle, this had to be parked on the side of rd as close as we could get it. On the positive side the had lots of trees and nicely laid out hiking trails. Here are a few pics:
Our Campsite

Hiking Trail

Can you see the deer?

And the saddest part of all - The Abilene Lake:
Yep, it is easier to find the deer than to find any water in this lake. Please pray for rain for this area.

On a lighter note, I took my little diggity into the vet for a bath and toenail trim:



I loved the pink and black bandanna, she didn't. She also doesn't like having her picture taken. She sees the camera and tries to look away real fast, lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback