Monday, January 26, 2015

Brunch Pie

This is yet another recipe that I pinned a few years back and have never tried - until now! The guys loved it. I liked it but am not crazy about bell peppers so next time I may use jalapenos. I pinned this from Mennonite Girls Can Cook. This time I pretty much followed their recipe, except for seasoning. To speed the prep process I chopped my veggies the night before. This worked out really well, especially since I wanted this for breakfast and am not an early riser.

garlic salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups frozen hash-browns
1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (or jalapeno pepper)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheese
6 eggs
3/4 cup milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In skillet melt butter. Add hash-browns and cook for about five minutes. Season with the garlic salt and pepper.
Spread into bottom of nine inch pie pan.
Top with the chopped veggies.
Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. In bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Season with additional garlic salt and pepper.
Pour into pie pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until eggs are set and pie is browned.

Serve and enjoy!

Shared with:

 Ms. enPlace


2 comments:

  1. That's the things about fancy breakfast. I don't like to get up early either, so breakfast is usually something fast and easy! Brunch is better b/c it gives me a little more time to sleep haha! This looks really good, Terry. I love mushrooms (and bell peppers).

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback