Monday, February 27, 2012

Jalapeno-Lime Pork Chops

Well I have been trying for two days now to get this posted. Saturday we moved back to Bayview RV Resort and have been unable to connect with their WiFi or our MiFi. Now the RV is in the shop for a couple of days and we are at a hotel on the bay. The WiFi signal is weak but hanging in there so far. Yippee!

I had said a few weeks ago I was going to make these, well I'm finally getting around to it. The last few weeks we have been enjoying eating out, grilling burgers or eating simple meals like chili dogs. Vacation time is coming to an end and things are beginning to get back to normal in the kitchen. The rest of our lives, however, seem to have a new normal everyday - plans change quickly in the life of a gate guard/full-time rver - and that's good, we like it that way.

The sauce for this recipe is pretty much the same as the one used on my Jalapeno-Lime Chicken Salad. One minor difference - instead of jalapeno tequila lime jelly, I used jalapeno cranberry pecan jelly. I thought the cranberry would be yummy with the pork - and it was! To quote my husband "exceedingly yummy!"

Nonstick cooking spray
2 thick cut boneless pork chops
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place chops on pan, season lightly with sea salt and bake for ten minutes. While chops are baking, mix the sauce.

1 1/2 Tbsp jalapeno jelly, I used jalapeno cranberry pecan jelly from D & E Jelly Works
1/2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
Dash of sea salt
Combine all ingredients in small bowl, mixing well.
After chops have baked for ten minutes remove from oven, turn over and brush with half the sauce mix. Return to oven and continue baking for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, turn over and brush with remaining sauce.
Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until chops are done.
Serve and enjoy.
 Ms. enPlace
Check out more yummy recipes at Ms. enPlace. She hosts this great weekly linky - See Ya in the Gumbo. I've been following her blog for a bit but this is my first time to link up. Check it out, there are recipes for all tastes.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I wanted to tell you that the Thai Chicken Noodles were insanely good! Next time I am going to make them with shrimp :) Just so you know, I omitted the honey (didn't have any) and added a small squirt of lime juice. Definitely a keeper!

    Take care,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - the flavors in these chops look amazing! Sounds like it would be good on chicken too.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like it would be good with chicken, as well. Since, I don't eat pork, I think I should try it with the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up! Happy to have you join in this week. I may have to steal the phrase "exceedingly yummy." Love it! Looks like a great sauce--sweet, tart, spicy. You've got it all!

    It's so fun to come here and read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback