Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chili Stuffed Tomatoes

During the time our RV was in the shop I had ample time to browse through the magazines in their waiting area. I came across this recipe in one of one of their Good Housekeeping magazines. It was giving ideas on dressing up take-out. Other than I used chili, corn and tomatoes, mine was a bit different. It was a very easy meal to make but next time I will go with fresh corn as they did. You can find their recipe here Good Housekeeping's Chili-Stuffed Tomatoes.

2 lg tomatoes, about 14 oz each
15 oz can chili, no beans
1/2 cup southwest style corn, drained (left from this recipe: Chipotle Corn Salsa)
Sour cream
1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced

In saucepan mix together chili and corn.
Heat over medium heat until heated through. While chili is heating cut a slice off the top of each tomato.
Using a spoon scoop out the inside of the tomato, leaving an approximately 1/2 inch shell. Fill each cup with chili. Top with sour cream and avocado slices.
Serve with the slice of tomato you cut from the top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this idea - and I think my Hubby will too! Thank you for sharing, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback