Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pepe Boudreaux's TexMexiCajun Cooking Revisited and Another Hike

Yesterday we decided to get out and take a drive over to Pleasanton. It's about 40 miles from where our gate will be and has the nearest Walmart and HEB. We get our prescriptions at Walmart, so we figure we'll be driving over to Pleasanton once a month and decided to go check it out and see what all was there. It's actually a larger town than I had expected. Compared to little bitty Tilden a trip to Pleasanton will be like a visit to the big city. On the way back home we decided to stop back in at Boudreaux's. John had a burger. I had a blackened fish sandwich. They were out of fries so we had onion rings.
One thing I already love about this place - they aren't afraid to spice things up. If it's supposed to be spicy it is! So many places tone down their blackened fish and other "cajun" dishes so that most anyone can eat them. My opinion is if you can't handle spicy food don't order it and let the rest of us have our spicy food spicy! We will most likely be making this a regular stop while in the area but don't worry, I won't bore you with the details every visit, maybe when we try something new.
We had a herd of pigs crossing the road on the way back to the RV.

We see the deer pretty regularly here at the park.

Back  at the RV I decided it was time for another hike to walk off some of that food. I did actually see some birds and other animals but was unsuccessful in getting a good picture.

These are the trails I hiked today. I believe I have now hiked every trail in the park. They are all pretty short trails - total maybe 1.5 miles, unlike the Bastrop State Park which has one trail that is over eight miles. I tortured John with that one on our honeymoon. So my total hike today may have been one mile. These two trails together are about half a mile, I walked down then turned around and came back the same way.
Game Trail
I did get to see a deer, cardinals aplenty, a hawk carrying something in its beak and a field mouse scurrying to hide under some brush. Overall I'd say it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback