Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cream Cheese Corn

I found this recipe for Cream Cheese Corn recently on a blog I follow regularly, Crumbs and Chaos. It was super yummy!! I added the green onion because I had one lonely green onion left all by itself in the fridge and decided to use it up. When I make this in the future I think I will continue to add the green onion. I used three ears of fresh corn but you can substitute frozen corn just allow to thaw first.
3 ears fresh corn, about 2 cups kernels
1 Tbsp salted butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 green onion, chopped
red pepper
fresh ground black pepper

Clean ears of corn. 
Wrap in wet paper towels and microwave on high for six minutes, turning every two minutes. 
Allow corn to cool then cut from cobs. Place kernels in saucepan with butter, cream cheese and green onion. 
Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently (almost constantly) until butter and cream cheese is melted. Season to taste with red and black pepper. I actually forgot to add the pepper until after the corn was already on our plates. This actually worked out well allowing each of us to season it as much or as little as we wanted. 
I served this with Broiled Pork Chops. Enjoy!

Shared with:

 Ms. enPlace Check out all the great recipes that will be linked up this week!

5 comments:

  1. I'm all for adding green onion to just about everything. Cheesy corn with green onion sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry: I'm making this pizza recipe tonight...can't wait. Using the crescent rolls dough should make the crust thin and crispy which how we like our pizza.

    Could you please send me your email address as I'd like to share a pizza sauce recipe with you that I think you'd like. My email address is chappytrails@gmail.com

    I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like our pizza crust thin and crispy too, this def did the trick. Thanks for the sauce recipe.

      You are so sweet, always encouraging.

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback