Sunday, May 20, 2012

Salmon Patties

I found this recipe for Fish Cakes at Kraft Foods years ago. It immediately became a family favorite. I have not made these in forever and figured it was about time to. This makes 14 patties, so I froze half of them for another day. There are many different variations-salmon, crab, shrimp or tuna; bbq sauce, tartar sauce or mozzarella with lemon juice; green onions, carrots or bell peppers. This is the one I made today:
1 6 oz box chicken flavored stuffing mix
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 14.5 oz can salmon
juice of one lemon
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onion
nonstick cooking spray

Drain salmon, remove skin and bones. Combine all ingredients. Shape into patties using 1/4 cup mixture for each patty. Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add patties and cook two to three minutes on each side until lightly browned.
Serve and enjoy.

Shared with:

 Ms. enPlace Check out all the great recipes linked up this week!

8 comments:

  1. I've never thought about using stuffing ... I've used crushed crackers and cereal ... might have to try this way next time :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My salmon patties always crumble when I go to turn them, even when I have used eggs as a binder. Do these hold together?

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered my own question, as I made salmon patties for dinner tonight using your recipe and they came out fabulous!!! And they didn't crumble!!! I threw out all my other salmon patty recipes.....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like them, it's really good using canned crab as well - my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that these can be frozen--that's the kind of thing I like to make on a Sunday and then have the rest later in the week. Thank you for linking up. sorry it took me so long to stop by. Work seriously got in the way this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've tried freezing these, I'll find out next week if it worked out.

      Delete
  6. We love Cornbread stuffing so that is what we have on hand here and will use it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several variations to this recipe. Our fav is using crab. You can also use shrimp or tuna. The mozzarella cheese and lemon juice can be replaced with BBQ sauce which is very good with the shrimp.

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback