Friday, June 22, 2012

Homemade Pizza Sauce

I have not made homemade pizza sauce in YEARS and the last recipe I used was NOT this simple! This recipe was sent to me by my wonderful blogger friend, fellow full-time RVer and Gate Guard, Bobbie (and Jim) of Chappy Trails, where they share their RVing adventures. You should check out their blog, there is always something interesting going on!

I had to make a couple of changes, the recipe originally called for 1 1/2 tsp basil and 1/2 tsp rosemary. I knew I didn't have rosemary and when I went to the local store they didn't have it either. I actually thought I had basil, I was wrong, so I substituted Italian seasoning for both. This sauce turned out super yummy and is inexpensive to make. I will definitely be making it again.

6 oz tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp oregano
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)

Mix all ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes
OR increase olive oil to 1/3 cup, combine all ingredients and let stand for several hours before using.

For the pizza I used my now fav Crescent Roll Pizza Crust, brushed with olive oil, top with pizza sauce and your favorite toppings (we used pepperoni, bacon canned jalapenos and Italian blend shredded cheese). Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

Shared with:
http://katherinescorner.com/2012/06/21/thursday-favorite-things-blog-hop-linky-party-41/


Freedom 
Fridays
You'll definitely want to check out all the amazing things linked up this week!

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this one, it looks good and I think the richer flavor of the paste will add nice sweetness to the sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the pizza sauce. I think watered down it would make a good spaghetti sauce also. Thanks for the plug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally have me craving pizza! This sauce does look easy and very flavorful. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Now I am off to check out Chappy Trails:)

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback