Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped, Cream Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos

Typically I do not seed or clean the membrane out of my peppers, with the exception of sweet or bell peppers. However, my local store had these on sale:
These are pepper corers. The larger one is for bell peppers and the smaller is for jalapeno peppers. The deal was if you bought these you would receive a pound of fresh jalapenos and a 12 oz package of bacon FREE! This gave me the idea for the stuffed jalapenos, which I love but had never tried making my own. Then as I was coring the peppers another idea came to me - why cut them in half? Just stuff and wrap them whole! So this is what I did. They turned out super yummy, the hubby says they were the best jalapeno poppers ever, so I'm sure I'll be making them again soon!

jalapenos
cream cheese
bacon
(how much you use depends on how many you want to make, I made six and used about 4-5 oz cream cheese to stuff them)

First we need to core the peppers. 
I found it was easier if I cut the stem off first, then you can basically use the corer to just scoop out the membrane. 

With the stem on, I had trouble with the sides of the pepper cracking a little. There will still be seeds inside the pepper, you can either clean them out or leave them if you want that extra heat. (Surprise, surprise - I left the seeds in.) 
Stuff the cavity of the pepper with the cream cheese. 
Wrap each pepper with 1/2 to 1 slice of bacon, depending on the size of the pepper. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. 
Serve and enjoy!
Shared with:
 Ms. enPlace

4 comments:

  1. What a nifty little tool! These look great, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! These peppers look so tasty! I love the little pepper stuffing tool, makes these much simpler to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of those tools. Even more, I need to stop putting my fingers in my eyes after handling hot peppers. The recipe sounds yummy! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum! I love those peppers. Have never had them whole, but I like that idea. I need a coring tool. It's a good idea--especially for someone who wears contacts ;-)

    Thank you for linking. Hope you have a great week, Terry!

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback