Sunday, October 28, 2012

Menu Plan 102912

Well the way I cook is changing, so my menu plans will be looking a little different. The little group we hang out with in the park here has decided to make it official and each lady in the group cook for the rest one night a week. I think my night is going to be Mondays, Mamie on Tuesday - Maria's night has not been established yet. She is the only one of us ladies who works and Mon and Tues are her long days, 9am to 7pm, at the park office. That's why Mamie and I picked those two days but I may have them backwards. We may add a fourth to this group, we will have to talk to her first. So there will be at least three nights a week that I won't be cooking - Mamie's night, Maria's night and the night we dine out. Changes to last weeks menu - Thursday night we ended up eating at Maria's - tostadas, Yummy! So we had Thursdays burgers and fries on Friday instead of going out to eat. We had Friday's Bertolli for two Saturday for lunch, minus the green beans. We ended up going out on Sunday with the entire group here. Lots of fun, more on that in a future post. For now, here is this weeks plan, which could change at the drop of a hat. I know one of these will change once Maria's night is established.

Monday
Buffalo Chicken Casserole with Chipotle Corn Salad for the group

Tuesday
Mamie's night to cook

Wednesday
Beer Can Chicken* with Roasted Corn

Thursday
Tacos al Pastor* with Chips

Friday
Sausage Wraps with Mac-n-Cheese - Probably won't happen once Maria's night is established; I'll drop this and move things around

Saturday
Dinner Out

Sunday
Shrimp Pasta Salad*

I will still be sharing a lot of good food, it just won't always be "for two", which is really nice to be able to cook for a larger group every now and then.

* = new recipe

Update: Maria will be cooking Wednesday nights and we are going to talk to Glenda about Thursdays. I will move the Chicken to Friday - dropping the Sausage of the menu plan. If Glenda agrees to join us and cook on Thursdays I will also drop the Tacos from the menu. I will keep ya'll posted.




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I look forward to hearing more about your friends and your recipes. I bet you'll find all kinds of new ones in your little group :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback