Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easy Spaghetti Sauce

This is a revamp of my recipe for Quick Spaghetti Sauce. I made a couple of adjustments to make it into a sauce for two as well as adding zucchini to sneak in some veggies. I had planned on using only 1/4 cup of onion but after I had it chopped and in the pan I realized I had used the wrong side of this measuring cup that attaches to my cutting board.
So, if you don't love onion you may want to reduce it. For us the amount of onion was fine.

1/2 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef (I have used both and like it either way)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
8 oz Italian seasoned tomato sauce
6 oz tomato paste
1 small zucchini, chopped
2 mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp Itailian seasoning
1 tsp sugar
generous dash of cinnamon
7 oz spaghetti or other pasta

Brown ground turkey, onion and garlic.
Add zucchini and mushrooms and continue cooking for two to three minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, pepper, water, Italian seasoning and sugar.
Simmer, covered, until zucchini is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti. Remove from heat and add the cinnamon, stirring well.
Serve over spaghetti with garlic bread. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback