Monday, January 30, 2012

Cream Cheese Rolls

I repinned this from someone on pinterest: Wendy but was unable to go back to it or to see if she was the one who pinned it originally or not, but it sounds yummy and super easy!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. -Gather desired amount of bread slices, flatten them and cut the crusts off. -Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on one side of each slice. Then roll them up! -Melt a stick of butter (get more as needed) in a glass bowl. Dip each roll up in the butter until covered, but not soaked. Just enough to pick up the sugar. -Spread a mixture of cane sugar, ground cinnamon and powdered sugar onto a large plate. Transfer each roll up to the plate and roll them in the mix. -Arrange rolls on cookie sheet and bake them for 20 minutes at 350 or until slightly crispy! -ENJOY! Read below to see quantities I used and what I added.

I used:
4 slices of bread
Whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 T sugar
1 T powdered sugar
1 t cinnamon

I also added
4 t D&E Jelly Works jalapeno jelly
1 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Spread 1 t of jelly on top of cream cheese on each slice of bread; add crumbled bacon, and proceed as directed above. Next time I think I will double the sugars and the cinnamon. There was just barely enough and I would like the last piece dipped to have as much goodie on it as the first piece did. Also I will either add more bacon so that flavor comes through more or leave it off all together, either way this is good stuff!

I actually forgot to flatten my bread. This made it a little more difficult to roll and they didn't look as nice.
What they lacked in looks they made up for in taste.

Shared with:



Check out all the great things linked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback