Monday, May 14, 2012

Spicy Bacon Burger Pizza

I have really been craving pizza lately. Possibly because there is no place nearby to get a good one and forget about delivery! I suppose this has been a good thing, it has forced me to come up with my own. And who can make pizza exactly the way I like it better than me? Maybe Papa John's but I don't think they've heard of him around here, so here is my latest pizza creation.

5 slices bacon, cooked crisp
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 serrano pepper, chopped
salt to taste
2-3 thin slices red onion, cut in half
1 12" precooked pizza crust
olive oil
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef, draining if necessary, add serrano, garlic and salt to taste, continue cooking for about two minutes.
Set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray pizza stone with nonstick cooking spray. Place crust on stone and brush with olive oil.
Top with pizza sauce, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Spread  burger mixture over pizza sauce. Break bacon into large pieces and spread out over pizza.
Scatter onion over the bacon and burger. Top with cheese and bake 10 - 12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

Shared with:

Check out all the amazing things linked up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback