Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rosario's

I have not done a restaurant review in a while, mainly because I keep forgetting to take pics. I still forgot to take pics so I borrowed some from the web.
Image from Two Nine Media
Image from Yelp
Rosario's is our favorite Mexican food restaurant here in San Antonio. It is located downtown on Alamo St, so parking can be an issue. We usually go for an early dinner to make sure we can get a parking spot. The food is excellent.
Image from Yelp
The salsa is wonderful with lots of flavor but not much heat.

For an appetizer we love the Queso Flameado - Yummy melted cheese with chorizo and sauteed mushrooms on the side served with warm tortillas, both corn and flour.
Image from flickriver
My favorite is the Enchiladas Suizas - chicken enchiladas in a creamy white wine sauce that has a hint of sweetness to it that I have never had before in this type of sauce.
Image from Yelp
Some other wonderful items are the Enchiladas de Mole - chicken enchilada topped with mole sauce and mj cheese.
Image from Yelp
Also, Chalupas de Pescado - topped with guacamole, seared tilapia, cabbage lime slaw and queso fresco.

If you like Mexican food and are in the San Antonio area, give this place a try!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks great. I never liked Mexican food until I met my husband. Now I love it. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember ever not liking Mexican or Tex-Mex, but then I grew up eating this stuff!

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback