Saturday, December 31, 2011

Tater-Tot Casserole

Ok, first an explanation. This is called tater-tot casserole because tater-tots are what I normally use. However one of the challenges of cooking in an RV is a lack of freezer space. At the time I was shopping I also needed hash browns. Couldn't get both hash browns and tater-tots, so I settled on southern hash browns.

This recipe was given to me years ago when I was first learning to cook by a dear friend. It's kid friendly and easy to make. Here it is divided in half since I'm only cooking for two. The recipe:

1/2 1b. lean ground beef
1 can cream of chicken soup (you can also use cream of mushroom or cream of celery)
Cheese (any kind, sliced or shredded)
Southern Hash Browns or Tater-Tots

Brown ground beef and drain if necessary. Place ground beef in bottom of 1 1/2 qt. casserole. Top with cream of chicken soup.
Top soup with a layer of cheese, then a layer of either southern hash browns or tater-tots and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback