Friday, June 1, 2012

King Ranch Casserole

I LOVE King Ranch Casserole and for whatever reason I have not made it in a VERY long time. I have corrected that situation and promised myself I would not let it happen again. I used sour cream instead of cream of mushroom soup and think I will stick with that. Huge hit!!
1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, 10-12 oz, cooked and chopped
2 cups broken tortilla chips (I used doritos, a combination of ranch and spicy nacho)
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Layer chips in 10x10 casserole dish. Combine tomatoes, chicken soup, sour cream and red onion.
Pour half of mixture over the chips.
Top with the chicken and half the cheese. Cover with remaining soup mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
Top with remaining cheese and continue baking until cheese is melted.
Served with Green Beans, which I changed slightly using 1 clove minced garlic in place of garlic powder. Enjoy!

Shared with :
Freedom 
Fridays
Check out all the amazing things linked up this week!

2 comments:

  1. I love foodies like this! (my granddaughter always calls her food "foodies") This looks so good and cheesy:) Thanks my friend for sharing again at Freedom Fridays!
    PS I want to put your button in my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cheesy, with a little bit of spicy kick.

      I actually do not have a button. Never made one.

      Delete

Love to See Your Feedback