Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Menu Plan 102312

I did little to nothing yesterday but sit around the house and relax so my menu plan is a day late. I am actually behind on a few posts. I'll catch up eventually or some will just fall by the wayside until the next time I make that recipe. We had an absolutely amazing weekend with good friends.
Also saw the eldest daughter and our granddaughter, always a treat. On our return one of our dear neighbors invited us over for dinner - Mole and Rice with both flour and corn tortillas - YUMMY! Then another neighbor cooked for us Monday night. She makes these amazing chicken pot pies in huge batches around this time of year. Then she sells them and uses the money to buy toys or clothes for under privileged children in the area. We had the privilege of a free sample last night and they were SOOOO good. I have a recipe for chicken pot pie that I had thought was the best ever - but no, hers definitely tops it. So the menu plan is starting with Tuesday this week. It is pretty much a repeat of last week since we left out of town Wednesday. This trip was not planned until Monday, so I had already posted the menu plan for the week and done some shopping, so everything from Wednesday through Sunday is still on the menu.

Tuesday
My turn to cook for the little group here and I can't decide -
King Ranch Casserole or Cheaters Lasagna*. I'm leaning towards the King Ranch since I have never made this lasagna and it could turn out to be a flop, either way for dessert it will be Chocolate Trifle. I will let ya'll know how it goes either way.

Wednesday
Glazed Pork Chops* with Onion Rings

Thursday
Cream Cheese Burgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries*

Friday
Dinner Out?

Saturday
This weekend is the Fall Festival here at Alamo River and there will be a big pot luck dinner, a pie eating contest, a dessert decorating contest, a hay ride and many other fun things going on. I will be taking 3 Cheese Baked Spaghetti for the pot luck dinner and making Candy Corn Marshmallows* for the dessert contest.

Sunday
Shrimp Pasta Salad*

* = new recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to See Your Feedback