Friday, September 7, 2012

Spicy Ranch Dressing/Dip - Crazy Cooking Challenge

Wow! Another month has passed and it is time for this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge hosted by Tina at Moms Crazy Cooking. This month's theme - Ranch Dressings and Dips. If you are not familiar with the challenge it is a fun monthly linky where we are given a certain theme. Past themes have been:
These are just the ones I participated in. To view all the challenges and to get all the details visit Moms Crazy Cooking - Crazy Cooking Challenge.
Photobucket
Now for my version of THIS ranch dressing/dip recipe from food.com. I cut it down to 1/4 the original recipe and subbed red pepper for accent seasoning (MSG). It turned out quite thick, more of a dip than a dressing.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk or sub 1/4 cup milk + 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice and let sit for five minutes
1/4 tsp red pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp parsley flakes

Combine all ingredients and mix well. 


Pour into jar, cover and chill. We LOVE ranch dressing with onion rings. 
So I served this up with some onion rings and burgers! The added spice made this super yummy and I may be making this again soon - but next time I won't cut it down to 1/4, I'll make the full recipe.

7 comments:

  1. I love all the different variations. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love anything with red peppers, so I'm adding this to my dip/dressing list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would be great with onion rings - nice and creamy, cool and spicy! I'm #4 in the CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I wish I had some onion rings to dip in my leftover ranch! What a yummy idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds delicious - as you can tell from my buffalo ranch submission, we like it spicy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buttermilk seems to be the way to go. I really need to buy some! Yum yum! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It's excellent!!! My new favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Love to See Your Feedback